"For now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see" Neutral Milk Hotel.

Thursday 12 June 2014

Thursday 12th June

I carried out the annual census of Fulmar 'nests' on the cliffs today - 95 'apparently occupied sites' - one more than last year, if I recall correctly. I counted 65 spikes of Knapweed Broomrape on the cliff top, all to the north of the 'beacon'. I also had a nice moth catch last night, the highlights being Lime Hawk, Varied Coronet and my first ever Plain Golden Y. Several more Common Jellyfish had been brought in on the most recent tide.

Plain Golden Y, Hunstanton, 12th June 2014


Lime Hawk, Hunstanton, 12th June 2014


Varied Coronet, Hunstanton, 12th June 2014


Knapweed Broomrape, Hunstanton, 12th June 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment