"For now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see" Neutral Milk Hotel.

Saturday 4 January 2014

Good run continues...

The patches good run continues after a sea watch from The Firs produced the first Slavonian Grebe (two) & Great Northern Divers of the year.  Two absolute beauties to nail so early in the year!  Both species can be pretty hard to catch up with.  The 1st winter Black-throated Diver Chris & I had on the 2nd was still offshore and again just beyond the surf.  A walk out onto Lavender marsh, Thornham for Mipits and Rockits proved fruitless but worthwhile with a female Melin and two Whooper Swans west.  With the rain looking settled in I called it a day after lunch but just before I left I checked North Field where Andy had seen the manky (Lesser?) White-fronted Goose hybrid with the Greylags but I couldn't locate it.  Three Snipe went over though which was new for the year.

Rob - 101


No comments:

Post a Comment