"For now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see" Neutral Milk Hotel.

Wednesday 14 May 2014

2 new flowers and an unknown caterpillar

Walking the transect at Ringstead Downs yesterday I came across my first flowering Long-stalked Crane's-bills on the north bank. Lower down on the grass path along the valley floor there was a caterpillar which I didn't recognise.
While doing some gardening today I found a spike of Common Broomrape. I don't know what its host was but last year I had several spikes with Eryngiums.

 
 Long-stalked Crane's-bill Geranium columbinum

 
 
Unidentified caterpillar. Any suggestions welcome!
 
 
 
Common Broomrape Orobanche minor
 

 
 
Also flowering in the garden at the moment (but introduced) is a fine specimen of Nottingham Catchfly Silene nutans.
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment