"For now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see" Neutral Milk Hotel.

Friday 6 May 2016

Some Inverts finally!

It's been a shocking Spring so far for Inverts but during the past week things are finally starting to pick up!  Lots of Large Red Damselflies have now emerged around the NOA pond and Holme Marsh and I'd had thought we will see Blue-tailed Damselfly emerge over the weekend.  Moths catches are still extremely low but picking up it this warmer weather.  Saying that I've never seen so many Emperor Moths at Holme as I have this year!  Green Hairstreak are now a regular feature around the reserve again and the first Small Heath of the year was noted by myself today.  On Tuesday I found a Dune Tiger Beetle when surveying the Ringed Plovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment