"For now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see" Neutral Milk Hotel.

Saturday 22 February 2014

This afternoon + Photos

Following on from Andy's post about this morning after a spot of lunch I did a circuit of the Pines in hope that the previous days Crossbill would "chip" overhead - it didn't!  On my way round the Pines I popped into the Obs to chat to Sophie & photographed the Red-necked Grebe which was picked up dead on the 9th (2 still present offshore mid-week).  During a short sea watch I managed to grip back Harbour Porpoise & 3 Siskins called from the Pine tops.  A single Fieldfare was in the Car Park scrub.  A Peacock butterfly flew across me as I sea watched from the sand ladder as did a Bumblebee species.

Black-tailed Godwit


male Hen Harrier





Eristalis tenax - First Hoverfly of the year on Ragged Marsh.  


Red-necked Grebe

No comments:

Post a Comment